Support
Support
Find answers to common questions below, or reach out to us directly if you need help.
Getting started
What is Talkio?
Talkio is a speech pronunciation practice app for kids ages 4–7. Your child listens to a word, repeats it into the microphone, and gets instant, encouraging feedback. It's designed to be a fun daily companion for pronunciation practice, not a replacement for professional speech therapy.
Does Talkio require an account or sign-in?
No. Talkio works fully offline with no account, no email, and no sign-in required. Your child's name is optional and only used to personalize the experience.
Does Talkio work without an internet connection?
Yes. All core practice features work completely offline. An internet connection is only used for optional cloud sync, if enabled.
Using the app
How do I switch between word packs?
From the home screen, tap any pack card (Animals, Things, or Actions) to start practicing. Your progress within each pack is saved automatically, so you can resume right where you left off.
My child's answer was marked wrong even though they said it correctly. What happened?
Speech recognition can occasionally mishear a word, especially in noisy environments or with younger children's pronunciation still developing. Try practicing in a quiet room and holding the device 6–12 inches from your child's mouth for best results. If a word is repeatedly misheard, your child can tap "Skip this word" to move on.
How do I turn off daily reminder notifications?
Open Settings within the app and toggle off "Daily reminder." You can also manage notification permissions directly from your device's Settings app under Notifications > Talkio.
How do I reset my child's progress or streak?
Currently, progress is tied to the app installation. To fully reset, delete and reinstall the app. We're working on an in-app reset option for a future update.
Can I use Talkio with more than one child?
Multiple child profiles are available as part of Talkio Premium. From Settings, tap "Add child profile" to get started.
Microphone and permissions
Talkio isn't hearing my child speak. What should I check?
First, confirm microphone access is enabled: go to your device Settings > Privacy & Security > Microphone, and make sure Talkio is turned on. Also check Settings > Privacy & Security > Speech Recognition for the same. If both are enabled and it's still not working, try restarting the app.
Why does Talkio ask for microphone and speech recognition permissions?
These permissions are required for the core feature of the app: hearing your child repeat a word and checking their pronunciation. Audio is processed in real time to transcribe speech and is not stored or saved by Talkio.
Subscriptions and billing
How do I cancel my Talkio Premium subscription?
Subscriptions are managed entirely through Apple, not within Talkio. Open the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad, tap your name at the top, tap Subscriptions, select Talkio, and choose Cancel Subscription.
I was charged but didn't mean to subscribe. Can I get a refund?
All payments are processed by Apple, so refund requests must go through Apple directly. Visit reportaproblem.apple.com to request a refund for any purchase.
How do I restore a previous purchase on a new device?
Open Settings within the app and tap "Restore purchases." Make sure you're signed in with the same Apple ID used for the original purchase.
Privacy and safety
Does Talkio store recordings of my child's voice?
No. Voice audio is processed in real time to transcribe spoken words and is not saved or stored by Talkio.
Where can I read the full privacy policy?
You can find our complete privacy policy at [link to your privacy policy page].
Still need help?
If your question isn't answered above, reach out to us directly:
📧 jateshkumarmaheshwari@gmail.com
We aim to respond within 1–2 business days.
Comments
Post a Comment